Saturday, June 28, 2008

Quiet Place

I decided to make a trip to the Northwest corner of CT to paint a covered bridge there, and since it was over an hour to drive there in the midst of winter, I had to find another spot for the afternoon painting. What I ended up with was a morning one of the bridge: 18x24 painted 7:30-10, a mid morning view from the opposite side: 24x20 painted 10 to 12:30 PM ; and this, the 3rd, 20x16 between 1:00 and 3pm. I drove by and turned around to go back. I just had to go for the third. All three were a total of 5 trips with only 4 of them being productive. The weather was terrible when I got there on one occasion, so I had to leave. No sun.. but the other 4 visits allowed enough time to get most of the information down that I needed to finish the paintings. This painting had more than a few hours studio time, and has made it into a couple of tough juried shows. I just delivered it for another showing at the Salmagundi Club in NYC to the 31st Juried Non Member Show, which will be up until the opening of July 18.

1 comment:

Rob S. said...

You're right, Jennifer: I need a quiet place myself (re: your comment on my blog). I have plans for this. Stay tuned to my blog, and you'll see!

Hey, best of luck at Salmagundi! I actually had illustration work in there looong ago. I'm sure your work will attract some collectors - it's got "that feel," y'know?