Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bass Rocks View

Bass Rocks was popular with Emile Gruppe. I had never seen them in person before. When I got there I could see why. Everywhere I looked I saw a painting. A great place to paint. I will definitely return here to paint again. This painting is oil on pastel board. It was an interesting surface for oils. Gesso with a bit of fine grit worked nicely for my effort. I saw this path in my minds eye and did not realize that it was not actually there until I went for the finish. I was asking myself where did it go? The realization of what had transpired kind of surprised me. I like surprises. After this painting, I drove on the same road to the Eastern Point Lighthouse to try to finish the painting from yesterday.

1 comment:

Roxanne Steed said...

what a beautiful place!