Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hay Bales Sakonnet River View

A larger view of the same field as the One of Them painting, was painted from. I wish I could talk the farmer into making at least one stack like Van Gogh and Monet got to paint from. I can understand why Monet went back to the same place every day and did numerous haystack paintings. Every time it is different and a different world and different challenges. These hay bales are like magnets. Maybe if I purchased the amount of hay it would take to make a stack, I could make my own and just keep painting it day after day. The light would change, weather conditions, Seasons, and the stack itself would age. Meanwhile I would have a pile of paintings to the ceiling in no time at all.

1 comment:

Celeste Bergin said...

All your work is so fresh...great clean color! This painting is my favorite on your front page. Beautiful!